- 2 chicken thighs, 2 drumsticks, or a couple of chicken legs, free-range, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs or sprinkling of dried. I used tarragon
- 400g new potatoes, sliced in half. Jersey royals are in season, use these if you can
- 2 – 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- Green veg of your choice: green beans, asparagus, broccoli etc
- Half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
What to do:
Make a couple of slashes in the flesh of the chicken and place in a roasting tray. Season, sprinkle over herbs and if you want a teaspoon of olive oil. I’m using my fabulous stoneware dish so I haven’t used any oil on my chicken. Squeeze over the lemon juice and chuck the wedge in the tray too.
Par-boil the potatoes and carrots for a few minutes, 5 at most. Drain in a colander and allow to steam dry. Place back in the pain, season and toss in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Add the potatoes and carrots to the roasting dish scattering around the chicken. Place the potatoes cut side down so they brown nicely. I like to add a couple of garlic cloves in their skins to add flavour to the finished supper.
All the above I prepared before the kids bathtime.
Place in a pre-heated oven at about 190 (fan) for approx 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the potatoes and carrots half way.
5 minutes before the end, steam or boil your green veggies of choice.
Serve up and squeeze out the lovely roasted garlic puree from the clove over your chicken. Add another light squeeze of lemon to lift it if you like. Tuck in and enjoy!
Weightwatchers Propoints: 10 (without extra oil on the chicken)