Having talked about my love affair for chicken, having it 5 days out of 7 can get pretty tedious! Therefore I am always interested in finding new ways and new flavours to pair up with our everyday bird. This concoction is my own mix which has been perfected over the last couple of years. It's really tasty and the flavours penetrate the chicken really well.
You'll need for 2:
- 450g chicken thighs & drumsticks, skin removed, flesh slashed
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 4g fennel seeds, crushed (bizarrely there is 1 PP to 5g tsp of fennel seeds, so use just under a tsp!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine or cider vinegar
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 potato 200g once peeled
- 2 small - medium courgettes, roughly chopped
- half a butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Approx 10 cherry tomatoes
- Half a punnet of chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dried thyme and rosemary
Prepare all the vegetables and throw into the biggest roasting dish you have. Season well and scatter over 1 tsp each of the herbs. Finally add the olive oil and tpss well with your hands to coat all the vegetables.
The vegetables need approx 45-50 minutes in a hot oven (200 fan) and the chicken needs 30 - 40 minutes depending on the size of the pieces. Ensure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
WeightWatchers ProPoints Per Serving: 12