Friday 15 June 2012

Rosemarie's Recipes - A tribute to my wonderful mum

Rosemarie's Recipes - A tribute to my wonderful mum

I feel I should apologise and explain about the lack of posts recently. Those that follow me on twitter will know  this, but I lost my mum in April after a 2 1/2 year battle with bowel cancer. It has been a very difficult couple of months and my distinct lack of healthy eating during this time has shown on my hips with a weight gain of 10lb. I am trying to come to terms with such an enormous loss and trying to get back on track to shift these excess lb but I am not finding it easy.


I am going to make a conscious effort next week to start trying out some new recipes (as this is what I love doing) and hope I can make a start in eating better. After all, a healthy, balanced diet can go a long way to prevent bowel cancer. We are delighted to have raised £890 in lieu of flowers at mum's funeral for Bowel Cancer UK and hope they can continue to raise awareness and help others catch this disease early enough that it can prolong life expectancy.


I feel very lucky to have learnt some of my mum's recipes although I couldn't help but give them my healthy makeover to make them Weight Watcher friendly, and I have given a round up here. Mum's Anglo-Indian upbringing made her cooking very unique and I am so happy to have captured some of these on my food blog. Many of her other recipes exist and I hope to add these in time.  These, and other of mum's dishes will always be favourites of mine and will always continue to remind me how lucky I was to have the most wonderful mother for 37 and a half years. Sleep tight mum.

Chicken Biriyani

Marinated lamb chops / steaks

Devilled kidneys

Chicken and vegetable curry

Tandoori chicken and white bhaji



3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss of your mother. I happened upon your blog after a co-worker told me I need to perfect a curry recipe so he can call it "carrie's curry" and will bookmark you so I can come back often. Best wishes on keeping mum's memory alive via her recipes. Warmly, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie. Mum had so many good curries. I'm trying out her vindaloo later this week and will hopefully blog it soon after. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your mother all that time ago, it took me years and years to overcome my grief, I can recommend this product though to help https://evonutrition.com/products/5htp-200mg-supplement-griffonia-seed-extract I don't think I could have done it without it.

    ReplyDelete