All this said, I've long struggled with finding the balance of bolognaise sauce & pasta, that meets my requirements; tasty, filling, max 12 ProPoints. I am pleased to say that I think I am there! My tastebuds are tingling from the wonderful eating experience of this evening. (Ok I admit, after a glass of red to wash it down, I may also be a tad tipsy!)
One last thing; the preparation of this was super-quick with the aid of my fabulous Pampered Chef food chopper. It really made light work of the prep and if you ever get invited to a Pampered Chef party, you won't regret this purchase! No wonder it's one of their best sellers.
You'll need for 5 adults or 4 adults & 2-3 kids. (I usually freeze bolognaise x2 adult portion and x2 child portion)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large courgette, finely chopped
- A few chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 500g extra lean mince beef, 5% fat
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Approx 10 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 fat garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
- Handful of freshly chopped basil
- 425g spaghetti or your choice of pasta
Next, turn the heat up and add the mince, breaking it up with the wooden spoon and browning all over. Add the 2 tins of tomatoes. Fill one of the cans with water and add that to the pan too. Keep stirring and add the worcestershire sauce, the tomato puree, salt & pepper and pinch of sugar.
Now just leave it for a good 30 - 40 mins on a low simmer and add some freshly chopped basil at the end.
Boil your pasta in salted water according to the packet instructions. I work on the basis on 85g dried pasta per portion. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Serve up!
You can portion up the bolognaise sauce and freeze for later date
Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese for additional 1-2 PP.
WeightWatchers ProPoints Per Serving: 12