My homemade potato wedges have been knocking around for years and are always a welcome accompaniment to my homemade burgers or fish. But my new favourite comfort food accompaniment is chips. I have found a simple way to cook the perfect oven baked chip with minimum fat. It's not rocket science, you just need to follow some very simple instructions!
You'll need for 2 as a side dish:
- 500g baking potato, peeled
- 1 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Table salt
- Pepper if you fancy
What to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to a hot setting - 220 fan is ideal
- Slice your potato lengthways into 1cm slices
- Then cut them into 1cm-ish size chips
- Place them in a saucepan with COLD salted water and bring to the boil. You can cover the pan to help it reach boiling quicker.
- Meanwhile place your best non-stick roasting tray in the oven to pre-heat
- Once the potatoes have reached boiling, simmer for just 2-3 minutes
- Drain and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes. Let the saucepan dry and place the tsp of oil into the pan
- Tip the chips into the pan, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and toss everything carefully
- Open the oven and keeping the hot tray in the oven (as best as possible!) tip the coated chips into the tray. They should sizzle slightly. Ensure they are nicely spaced out.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes turning after 10 minutes and then checking on them every 4-5 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown.
WeightWatchers ProPoints Per Serving: 6