Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tray Baked Haddock with Chorizo & Potatoes

Tray baking is so easy.  You chuck everything in a nice roasting dish and let the oven do it's work.  It's also easy to stick to the same old chicken,veg and potatoes so I thought I would try something a little bit different.  I've had some haddock in the freezer for a few weeks now and I was thinking of how I could cook it differently instead of my usual herby breadcrumbed way.  So with the desire to tray bake with something other than chicken I came up with this dish! 

I've mentioned my fondness for chorizo and just figured this would add another dimension to the dish too.  All in all we were really pleased with this and I will definitely continue to experiment with tray bakes!!



Oooh I almost forgot.  The day I cooked this, I asked my mum to pick me up a bag of new potatoes as she was on her way over to me, anyway she turned up with charlotte potatoes.  This was not met with an over enthusiastic thank-you, but I had no choice but to use them.  I cannot tell you how pleased I was with them!!  They are my new favourite potato and work really well when baked, without par-boiling.  The skins go lovely and crisp and the inside soft and fluffy. Yum.

What you'll need for 2:
  • 2 x 120g haddock fillets or other white fish, cut into half
  • 400g charlotte potatoes, halved or quartered if large
  • 65g chorizo sausage, sliced
  • Courgette, sliced
  • Red onion, cut into wedges
  • Roasted red peppers from a jar, roughly chopped
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • Seasoning
What to do:

Put everything except the fish into the roasting dish, season well and drizzle over the olive oil. Using your hands, rub the oil and seasoning into the vegetables and potatoes really well.  You can add whatever vegetables you like really; butternut squash, aubergine, tomatoes.

Roast for a good 30 minutes on a high-ish oven (190) tossing occasionally.  When you think that's almost ready, move the mix to the edges and add the fish fillets to the middle of the dish.  Season and spray lightly with olive oil.  Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the fish so check it after 3-4 minutes.

WeightWatchers ProPoints Per Serving: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment